PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
The relationship I have with you is very important to me – but your data is equally important to you. So, it is important that you feel safe in allowing me to handle it.
Whether you are already happy with your data relationship with me, or you wish to change it in some way, I would first like you to peruse the following. After this, you can make your decision if you wish to remain in a trusted digital relationship with me, or, if you feel the risks are too high, you may leave immediately with my support in deleting your personal data. First let us go through the necessary information:
Who am I, and what do I do:
I am a full time Yoga Teacher who is part of the Chi Kri Teachers Network. I teach mixed ability adult yoga classes in Harrow, as well as 121 and online classes. I have also previously taught children and teenagers yoga in primary and secondary schools.
Why would I communicate with you?
You may receive emails from me. The reasons for this would largely be:
- To keep you updated on forthcoming events and news to do with yoga or matters we deem related in some way. This may include commentary on things like seasonal events, news events and items of public interest. It is possible that some events and updates may clearly be considered marketing. Hopefully you find that it is only in areas you have an interest.
- To keep you informed of classes which you may be attending. This is helpful if there are changes to scheduled arrangements. And to contact you in the event there is a problem with teaching.
- To share inspirational, educational, philosophical or motivational teachings, which I consider to be useful. These may be in the form of written emails, handouts, video links or other free media.
What I do not do:
- I do not sell data to third parties under any circumstances.
- I do not share data with third parties or any of our partners we use to deliver services to you (such as our retreats), any email marketing companies that we may use from time to time or any third party we may use to enforce our legal rights.
- I will not share data within my work without a valid reason.
- I will not keep any of your data if you have not used its services or products for a period of 7 years. This data will be shredded, disposed of and digitally deleted if applicable, so it is obsolete.
What I do:
- I will register and collect a student’s data on a paper Registration Form or an electronic data collection form. This information will include name, address, d.o.b, gender, email address and telephone number. I will also request details of any medical conditions, injuries or any other matter which may affect your ability to partake in any classes. This Form will then be securely locked away. Electronic data will be kept securely on a computer or safe external server.
- In order to contact you and process your information for use within a service or product, I may, at times, hold your data on a secure password protected personal phone or computer.
- If you register for any of my retreat packages or private therapies, I will provide the information you provide on registration to my partners which they will use to deliver the services to you.
- I will notify you of any breach of software, where your data has been compromised and what we intend to do about this. We will notify you within 72 hours of us becoming aware of any breach and will follow up with what actions we will take to minimise, recover or secure your data again. I will also notify the Information Commissioner’s Office of such breach.
What you must do:
- Notify me if you do not wish to be contacted by email, by phone, or both. Please note that the provision of your yoga service e.g. Yoga Class may well be compromised if you are not available to be reached at all. If I deem it necessary as a requirement for fulfilling their service as a teacher that you are contactable by e.g. email, then you must decide if you wish to proceed with the service under this circumstance. Should you wish to abstain, I will discuss the matter further with you and reach an amicable solution.
- If you only wish to opt-out of marketing information but are happy to continue using your contact information for the purposes laid out in section 2 and 3 above of “Why would I communicate with you?”, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notify us if you would like us to (a) update the current personal information I hold or (b) if you would prefer that we destroyed the current personal information I hold.
- Unsubscribe yourself from email campaigns which I do not wish to be a part of. All email campaigns will come with an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the page.
Safeguarding your information:
I will only collect information to the extent I deem reasonably necessary to serve you in view of legitimate business purpose as set out above, and I will use my best endeavours to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided me with. In addition, I will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom I transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
Questions about privacy:
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please contact me at email@example.com.
If your data requires updating, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is my heart’s wish that you are happy when you practice yoga and I will do my very best to ensure you enjoy your Yoga classes. If though for any reason you are not happy with your purchase and you leave the class within the first 30 minutes of it starting, you may apply for a full refund to the original payment stating the reasons in writing as to why you are not happy. Please ensure your application for a refund is sent within 24 hours of the class start time in order to be refunded.
- Yoga Passes
If you have attended no more than two consecutive classes at the beginning of your Yoga Pass, and you are not happy with your purchase you may apply for a full refund of the original payment stating the reason why you are not happy.
What if I need to make a complaint?
If you are considering making a complaint to Yoga With Sheena, please follow the guidelines below:
Firstly, try to sort out the problem privately with those who are directly involved. Complaints should not be discussed with other students within or outside of the class. Generally complaints are resolved more easily and effectively at an early stage and by those who have a direct influence on the situation.
If a complaint cannot be resolved as above, please download and complete the form below as a formal procedure. Details of how to submit a complaint are on the form. Thank you.
Please note that all the above information is subject to change at any time, without prior notice.
Above all else, thank you for choosing to practice Yoga with me!