PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Due to the upcoming changes in the data protection laws, we would like to reaffirm our practises and commitments to you in a few areas. The relationship we have with you is very important to us – but your data is equally important to you. So, it is important that you feel safe in allowing us to handle it.
Whether you are already happy with your data relationship with us, or you wish to change it in some way, we would first like you to peruse the following. After this, you can make your decision if you wish to remain in a trusted digital relationship with us, or, if you feel the risks are too high, you may leave immediately with our support in deleting your personal data. First let us go through the necessary information:
Who we are, and what we do:
Chi Kri Yoga exists to disseminate the philosophical teachings of yoga as first interpreted and developed by Neil and Tara Patel, in 1976, within the yoga community. Our yoga school uses a variety of classical and contemporary teaching methods to teach students; and also train, develop and nurture highly professional yoga teachers of the future. Currently, our teaching programme has two levels Chi Kri Gold and Chi Kri Platinum. We may choose to add to these in the future.
Chi Kri Yoga’s current Director, Neil Patel, along with his Chi Kri Yoga teachers run a variety of classes which are open to all, regardless of age, ability, gender, race or religion. Chi Kri also runs yoga related events and activities e.g. yoga retreats and workshops. Neil and Tara Patel have also published written materials to support and share yoga philosophy and understanding with the community.
Why would Chi Kri Yoga communicate with you?
If, in the past or present, you have been involved in some way with Chi Kri Yoga, Neil Patel, Tara Patel or any of the Chi Kri Yoga teachers, you may be receiving emails from the teacher and the Head Office. The reasons for this would largely be:
- To keep the Chi Kri Yoga friends and students updated on forthcoming events and news to do with yoga, Chi Kri Yoga, or matters we deem related in some way. This may include Chi Kri commentary on things like seasonal events, news events and items of public interest. It is possible that some events and updates may clearly be considered marketing. Hopefully you find that it is only in areas you have an interest.
- To keep Chi Kri students informed of classes which they may be attending. This is helpful if there are changes to scheduled arrangements. And to contact students in the event there is a problem with the teacher.
- To share inspirational, educational, philosophical or motivational teachings, which we consider to be useful. These may be in the form of written emails, handouts, video links or other free media.
What we do not do:
- Chi Kri Yoga does not sell data to third parties under any circumstances.
- Chi Kri Yoga does not share data with third parties other than franchisees of Chi Kri Yoga, any of our partners we use to deliver services to you (such as our retreats), any email marketing companies that we or our franchisees may use from time to time or any third party we may use to enforce our legal rights.
- Chi Kri Yoga will not share data within the organisation without a valid reason. This also includes the sharing of student information from one teacher to the next.
- Chi Kri Yoga will not keep any of your data if you have not used its services or products for a period of 7 years. This data will be shredded, disposed of and digitally deleted if applicable, so it is obsolete.
What we do:
- A Chi Kri Yoga teacher will register and collect a student’s data on a paper Registration Form or an electronic data collection form. This information will include name, address, d.o.b, gender, email address and telephone number. We will also request details of any medical conditions, injuries or any other matter which may affect your ability to partake in any classes. This Form will then be securely locked away. Electronic data will be kept securely on a computer or safe external server.
- Any medical information provided may be shared with a Chi Kri Yoga teacher but only for the purposes of your safety. Chi Kri Yoga will never pass this information to anyone else and will always seek your permission if required to do so.
- In order to contact you and process your information for use within a Chi Kri Yoga service or product, a Chi Kri Yoga teacher may, at times, hold your data on a secure password protected personal phone, tablet, or computer.
- A Chi Kri Yoga teacher will supply your email address and name to the Chi Kri Yoga Head Office, as per contractual obligations, for its records. This will be stored in their office computers and a secure external server. It may appear with the Director and staff, and their computers, whilst implementing Data driven Chi Kri administration or for the use in any Chi Kri Yoga product or service being undertaken by you.
- If you register for any of our retreat packages or private therapies, we will provide the information you provide on registration to our partners which they will use to deliver the services to you.
- Your Chi Kri Yoga teacher and/or the Head Office will notify you of any breach of software, where your data has been compromised and what we intend to do about this. We will notify you within 72 hours of us becoming aware of any breach and will follow up with what actions we will take to minimise, recover or secure your data again. We will also notify the Information Commissioner’s Office of such breach.
What you must do:
- Notify us if you do not wish to be contacted by email, by phone, or both. Please note that the provision of your Chi Kri Yoga service e.g. Yoga Class may well be compromised if you are not available to be reached at all. If the teacher deems it necessary as a requirement for fulfilling their service as a teacher that you are contactable by e.g. email, then you must decide if you wish to proceed with the service under this circumstance. Should you wish to abstain, the teacher will discuss the matter further with you and reach an amicable solution.
- If you only wish to opt-out of marketing information but are happy for Chi Kri Yoga to continue using your contact information for the purposes laid out in section 2 and 3 above of “Why would Chi Kri Yoga communicate with you?”, please contact email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify us if you would like us to (a) update the current personal information we hold or (b) if you would prefer that we destroyed the current personal information we hold.
- Unsubscribe yourself from email campaigns which you do not wish to be a part of. All Chi Kri Yoga email campaigns will come with an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the page.
Safeguarding your information:
We will only collect information to the extent we deem reasonably necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purpose as set out above, and we will use our best endeavours to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
Questions about privacy:
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please contact email@example.com, and/or the head office at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your data requires updating, please either contact email@example.com and/or the head office at firstname.lastname@example.org.